Experience: 5+ years
Working Days: Mon – Fri
Working Hours: 8h
I’m a Database Administrator!
what’s your superpower?
As part of our team, your main responsibilities will be:
- The Senior Database Administrator reports to the Database Administrator Team Lead and is responsible for the planning, building and maintenance of robust and reliable database clusters supporting our system infrastructure. The key objective of the Database Administration Team, and thus the Senior Database Administrator, is to ensure that the globally deployed database infrastructure is stable, scalable and efficient. To reach this goal, you will collaborate with the Team Lead to define, refine and execute the processes and tasks required. The Senior DBA will help to mentor other team members in their day-to-day tasks. You will also support the Team Lead in planning, technical decisions and collaborating with teams we support for their database needs to develop new insights that could further enhance our platform.
What you’ll be working on:
- Guide the Database Administration Team through the creation and execution of our database management;
- Define and enforce availability and performance SLAs to maintain our high standards;
- Maintain detailed, up-to-date documentation of internal data assets;
- Use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to automate creation and destruction of clusters;
- Define and enforce monitoring and alarming policies to minimize system downtime or performance degradation;
- Co-ordinate with cross-functional experts throughout the company to validate and develop new insights;
- Ensure systems are patched, secured and backed up to our standards;
- Oversee the tuning of database engines for improved efficiency and cost;
- Collaborate with and support development and other teams in delivering on business objectives;
- Creative thinking and motivated self-starter with an ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and technologies;
- Expert analytical and data-driven decision-making skills;
- Comfortable leading projects from start to finish with minimal supervision;
- Strong ability to work within aggressive and dynamic timelines;
- Excellent team player and positive contributor to the culture of the business;
- Participate in On-call rotation.
You are our ideal candidate if you have:
- University degree or diploma in related field and 5+ years of relevant DBA experience;
- Comfortable administering Mongo or a similar document based database system;
- Expert in large scale MySQL database cluster administration;
- Advanced knowledge of SQL optimization;
- Experience implementing and maintaining best practices for database backups;
- Basic Linux system administration experience;
- Intermediate understanding of PostgreSQL database systems;
- Virtualization experience, specifically AWS cloud computing and clustering;
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making skills;
- Ability to work within aggressive and dynamic timelines;
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources;
- Sufficient knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or PHP for task automation and monitoring components;
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Stack management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket);
- Experience managing infrastructure with code (Terraform, Ansible, etc);
- Experience with Hadoop considered an asset.
As part of our company, you will enjoy:
- Positive and stimulating working environment – joining our team means you will get to work with passionate and enthusiastic people who are not just experienced professionals but also sociable and friendly colleagues, always ready to offer advice and lend a helping hand;
- Performance-based bonus scheme – we know motivation and great performance when we see it, so we make sure your effort is reciprocated and you’re properly stimulated to keep bringing it;
- Excellent remuneration – we will offer you a salary that matches your skills and experience with the option for a raise based on your commitment and the quality of work you deliver;
- Team events – we support the healthy work-life balance by encouraging and organizing regular team buildings, sports matches, quiz nights, and other events;
- Referral bonus – our way of encouraging you to find the next great match for the team;
- Flexible working hours – during the 40-hour working week, it’s up to you to choose what time your working day starts;
- Benefits package including additional health insurance and a free Multisport card;
- Full-time contract – this is a permanent position and a full-time employment possibility offering you stability and peace of mind.
Great! So you applied. Now what?
After you’ve sent us your CV, cover letter and portfolio, there are just a few steps left of the hiring process before you start your exciting career at Perfomalis!
Whether you’re a trainee or a seasoned expert in your field, we will match you with the right position based on your skills and experience and get in touch with you for an interview.
At the interview, we will get to know you a bit better and you will have the chance to learn more about the company as well as responsibilities and attributes of the position you’ve applied for.
Welcome aboard 03
We always take into account all professional and personal qualities of the applicants so that we can we make them a job offer that reflects their expertise and qualities.
04 In six months
After the first six months with the company, we will schedule your first evaluation. We will discuss your performance and remuneration, and you will get to share your experience, ideas, and vision for the future.
At Perfomalis, there’s always a place for talent.
Start a career, not a job