The Content Proofreader/Editor will review and edit inbound marketing articles for websites and interactive projects throughout the entire production/creative process to ensure quality, accuracy, and consistency of projects before publication.
If you have excellent command over language and a keen eye for mistakes, whether punctuational or syntactical without MS word having to highlight them for you, then you could be the next editor to join our content team.
Experience: 3+ years
Working Days: Mon – Fri
Working Hours: 8h
“The first draft of
anything is sh**.”
As part of the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Fact-check against publicly available material in the industry niche.
- Ensure that written materials for external use and web-based content are sense-checked, grammatically correct, and adhering to house style.
- Maintain the integrity, clarity, and accuracy of texts by ensuring the content and format of articles meets expected standards.
- Test document flow and logic and flag potential issues in a time-sensitive manner.
You are our ideal candidate if you have:
- English coursework in grammar, punctuation, basic composition or advanced writing courses (especially expository writing);
- Eye for accuracy – ability to spot omissions, errors, and other problems that need to be corrected prior to publication (essential);
- Strong knowledge of AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style and proofreaders’ marks;
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in English or Journalism (essential);
- Experience in or familiarity with the gaming industry (desirable);
- Previous experience as an editor/proofreader (essential).
If you meet most or all requirements, we want to hear from you. Please apply with a cover letter (in English) and if you want to show off your writing skills, even better! Send us a link to your website or blog, or an article you’ve written.
As part of our company, you will enjoy:
- Positive and stimulating working environment – joining our team means you will get to work with passionate and enthusiastic people who are not just experienced professionals but also sociable and friendly colleagues, always ready to offer advice and lend a helping hand.
- Performance-based bonus scheme – we know motivation and great performance when we see it, so we make sure your effort is reciprocated and you’re properly stimulated to keep bringing it.
- Opportunity to learn and grow – we organize in-house trainings and encourage our employees attending career and personal development courses.
- Full-time contract – this is a permanent position and a full-time employment possibility offering you stability and peace of mind.
- Additional health insurance – coverage and/or reimbursement of hospital, medication, dentist costs and other.
- Flexible working hours – during the 40-hour working week, it’s up to you to choose what time your working day starts.
- Team events – all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, so we keep to a strict agenda of cafeteria talks over lunch and coffee breaks, team buildings, sports matches, and more organized events.
- Excellent remuneration – we will offer you a salary that matches your skills and experience with the option for a raise based on your commitment and the quality of work you deliver.
Great! So you applied. Now what?
After you’ve sent us your CV, cover letter and portfolio, there are just a few steps left of the hiring process before you start your exciting career at Perfomalis!
Whether you’re a trainee or a seasoned expert in your field, we will match you with the right position based on your skills and experience and get in touch with you for an interview.
At the interview, we will get to know you a bit better and you will have the chance to learn more about the company as well as responsibilities and attributes of the position you’ve applied for.
Welcome aboard 03
We always take into account all professional and personal qualities of the applicants so that we can we make them a job offer that reflects their expertise and qualities.
04 In six months
After the first six months with the company, we will schedule your first evaluation. We will discuss your performance and remuneration, and you will get to share your experience, ideas, and vision for the future.
At Perfomalis, there’s always place for talent.
Start a career, not a job